GSP blind?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

linbeg

AC Members
Dec 20, 2010
After treating my puffer with coppersafe to rid him of possible external parasites,
it seems that my puffer seem to blind. Is this possbile? or is my puffer just not responding to me?

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Very possible, as copper is extremely toxic to puffers. But also, what are your parameters? Blindness can also be a sign of nitrite toxicity.

What kind of parasites did he have?

linbeg

AC Members
Dec 20, 2010
External parasites; gill flukes. He was doing fine (hasn't been stressed in two days), after feeding him thawed cooked cocktail shrimp, he seemed to have been stressed again. Could the shrimp trigger his stress?

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
No, it shouldn't. I'd still like to hear your parameters. Did you do a large WC & add fresh carbon to the filter to remove all the meds? There are much safer meds to treat gill flukes on a puffer.

linbeg

AC Members
Dec 20, 2010
The medication lasts for one apparently, so no. Well, i only check for ammonia and it says 0.5 so yeah.

And i already added the copper 2 days ago, so i don't want to change anything drastic because it might stress him more.

Last edited:

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
You must get that copper out of there! If you've been doing the proper WC on that tank (50% weekly), then another 50% today & again tomorrow won't stress him at all. You need to get that ammonia to 0 anyway. What about nitrite?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store