Harassed yellow headed jaw-fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fratern

AC Members
Jun 10, 2005
I went to camp for five days and when I came back I was suprised to see my aquarium all in check, healthy how I left it. The next day I went to my fish store and bought blue actinic lighting with a fixture to add to my very poor lighting system. In the morning my lights automatically turned on and the fish acted a little stressed because of the new lighting, and I noticed the jaw fish scratching its head. The next day after that my serpent star decided to rade the jaw fishes home, (which has happened before) leaving the jaw fish homeless and capable of being picked on by the other fish. So the jaw fish was very upset and crammed himself in a barnacle to feel more secure. The next morning the starfish was out of the jaw fishes home and the jaw fish was busy rebuilding.(by the way the jaw fish made a home underneath one of the coral decorations)He was still periodically scratching his head still. Then a couple days later the star fish invaded the jaw fishes home again. This time when the jaw fish finally got his home back about two or three days later he did not rebuild his home, instead just crammed himself underneath the coral. He doesnt hover above his home any more but just sticks his head out. He is still feeding normally, but is also scratching his head. He looks a little beat up and has some tattered fins, but he still has his colors. I tested the water and everything is fine S.G. 1.022, nitrites 0, nitrates about 20, alkalinity 300+ ppm, ph 8.4. All the other fish are normal. Actually the yellow tang, who is always the one to show signs of poor water quality is presently in full splender. It has been about three days since the jaw fish got his home back. He has still not changed his odd behavior. :confused: Obviosly I am planning on getting rid of the serpent star before I do anything else.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store