Harassment or normal interaction?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Hi, I got two female mollys today and one kohaku koi swordtail female and also my male paradise gourami. I also got one variatus platy male and one black spotted platy female.

He is the calmest giant out there, he swims around exploring his new home and then those molly, one or both of them or even the koi will join and follow him around and nip on him occasionally thus making him bit anxious and pace on tank glass.

Although, the nasty trio would not leave the variatus male platy either. I think I may have figured this out already, it can be lack of males in the tank for the sword and mollys. Im adding rest of my fishes in tomorrow in hope this would distract the Nasty Trio.

But any suggestions welcomed!

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Well, I wouldn't say you have too much of a problem but "the girls just want to have fun" with any males close to her species. Live bearers aren't very particular when it comes to breeding...
goodie, thank you. i guess i was overly too worried cuz you know, i never had any of mah fishes having such interaction with any of my fishes. the male variatus platy kind of did the same thing, just nip on the gourami. well at least im calm about it now, even happy about it. some interaction finally lol

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Well, I wouldn't say you have too much of a problem but "the girls just want to have fun" with any males close to her species. Live bearers aren't very particular when it comes to breeding...
Cyndi Lauper fan? ?

WYite

Reactions: Sprinkle

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Of course, WYite, I'm glad you knew ;) I'm a bit older than you...I wonder if you'll get my punk-ish, motown & old rock references too...I bet you might, at least sometimes :D

I'm pretty sure Sprinkle & other "youngsters" understood what I meant without necessarily getting the reference to a classic 80s pop song :cool:

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Of course, WYite, I'm glad you knew ;) I'm a bit older than you...I wonder if you'll get my punk-ish, motown & old rock references too...I bet you might, at least sometimes :D

I'm pretty sure Sprinkle & other "youngsters" understood what I meant without necessarily getting the reference to a classic 80s pop song :cool:
You actually missed one of my references a while back. I was disappointed. ?

I'm pretty well versed in 50s through 90s rock, mo-town, pop and country. Stuff from the last 20 years, not so much. My parents had widely differing music tastes, with my dad into 40s, 50s and early 60s rock and all country, and my mom leaning toward mo-town and late 60s/early-70s rock, plus Elvis. I actually heard "The Witch Doctor Song" the other day and my kids looked at me like I sprouted horns when I started singing along, lol.

Up until I was 11 I thought the only music that was any good was country. Then my mom got an invite to a private autograph-signing party with Charlie Daniels. My aunt had bought me tickets to one of his concerts for my birthday and the party was a few days before. The party was supposed to be for drinking age people only, but my mom knew the owner of the radio station sponsoring it and he let me and my aunt attend even though I wasn't old enough. During that, one of the attendees asked Mr. Daniels what kind of music he liked. He said, "I like some of all music, but not all of any music." Exact words. I can still hear him saying it, that is how much it affected me. That really changed my perception of music and myself, and has stuck with me my entire life.

WYite

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Ya know Wyite, I'm not always around to get all the music subtilies but appreciate them when I notice. I have almost no country & western experiences, well, very few references. I do know a few Charlie Daniel's songs & some Dolly Parton, of course. You can PM me if I miss 1. My husband is almost the same age but we have different music histories. It's all good!

How cool you actually got to meet such a legend!! & what sage advice! I remember being embarrassed to cry the first time I heard Jolene. I might have been 12, on my transistor radio. I saved up & bought the single, lol. My big brother was mortified I'd sunken so low...He was so much cooler!

Sorry to disrail your thread Sprinkle...it's a sign of friendship when we do it :) You know...

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Ya know Wyite, I'm not always around to get all the music subtilies but appreciate them when I notice. I have almost no country & western experiences, well, very few references. I do know a few Charlie Daniel's songs & some Dolly Parton, of course. You can PM me if I miss 1. My husband is almost the same age but we have different music histories. It's all good!

How cool you actually got to meet such a legend!! & what sage advice! I remember being embarrassed to cry the first time I heard Jolene. I might have been 12, on my transistor radio. I saved up & bought the single, lol. My big brother was mortified I'd sunken so low...He was so much cooler!

Sorry to disrail your thread Sprinkle...it's a sign of friendship when we do it :) You know...
I pretty much sat there in awe and just soaked up everything he said. He actually signed three of my albums instead of the limit of one it was supposed to be. All I could say was "Yes sir", "No sir" and "Thank you, Mr. Daniels". Haven't had a record player in 25 years, but still have all his albums, lol. One of those magic moments in life that lives with you forever.

Sorry, Sprinkle. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.

WYite

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store