has anyone ever had this trouble???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

melissadotson

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
parkersburg wv
in the past i have bought some yellow clown goby's from my lfs..and on the 4 day i had them they came down with a fungus and died..even the ones at the lfs had the same thing..it's like the whole batch had it at the same time...and they all died..this past week end i bought another one and the same thing happened it died of fungus..and so did the ones at the lfs..? what's causeing these fish to get fungus and die? and it is always on the 4th day they break out with this fungus..is it stress related maybe from shipping? just wondering has this happen to anyone else that has clown gobies?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
I won't name the distributor, but depending upon where they got them from, this can be common, unfortunately. I've noticed that, at least locally, it is harder to get healthy ones in. They not only have the issue you describe, but are usually emaciated by the time they arrive. A sad situation, since these aren't particularly difficult fish.

melissadotson

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
parkersburg wv
i went back to my lfs today and they had these gobies called warpaint gobies..they are so cute..the guy at the store told me that since i lost my yellow gobie to fungus that if these warpaint gobies make it he said he would just give me one to replace the one that died...he said that he was going to keep these for a week or so to make sure they are eating and doing fine..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store