have you ever used some fish finder in the fishing

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

happyfishing

Registered Member
Mar 9, 2016
Hey, guys, have you ever used some fish finder in the fresh water fishing? As you know, the weather is so cold, I want to spend little time , and get the good fishing harvest.Do you have good introduction about the fish finder for the fishing? Thanks

Kaliska

AC Members
Dec 6, 2015
Never used one and I only fish from shore. I target different species based on the season so I don't need to chase them down in a boat with a fish finder. I try to know where they will go and when. I just moved so I have established a bass location, catfish location, and now that those dropped off because the water warmed enough to stay deep and spawn I am checking for sunfish spawning areas. I pulled in 2 bluegill in 20mins at one place I stopped. That's not impressive but they aren't fully spawning yet. It will pick up until we are spending more time getting them off the hook than putting the bait in the water.

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
My dad used a Loran for saltwater, but trolling always worked better for albacore. He had a usual spot for cow cod - back when it was legal to catch them - so a fish finder wasn't necessary. I think he used it a few times at Lake Powell, but in my opinion, it was a piece of crap.

I fish from shore now too, but haven't gone in a while. I moved to a new town a couple years ago and am still looking for a good fishing hole and a local fishing buddy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store