Have you lost a fish in yer tank and then found it again?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I have a pair of apistogramma baenschi inca 50s that I thought were gone for several months until I camped out in another room with a pair of binoculars after putting a chunk of frozen bloodworms in their heavily-planted tank.

Mark

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
khuli loaches have hid inside the filter of my tank before

they are real houdinis

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
Back when I was younger, my mom had a community 29g tank. Random fish and a dojo loach. Eventually fish died off and we assumed the tank was empty and she stocked it with 2 oscars and a jack dempsey. One oscar died months later and the other one grew and grew. Then one day we both saw something stir and the oscar slurped up that dojo loach like a piece of spaghetti.

**please don't assume this was responsible stocking because it wasn't**

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
I kinda thought there had to be others. Sad to hear about the loach but happy to hear about the unexpected additions. Keep 'em coming.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Thats how BN plecos work for me, I get them around the 1" mark. Then I place them a large 100+ gal planted tank. Then I dont see them for a few months or until they get too large to hide in the plants or driftwood. Then after that, I always see the little beggars at dinnertime.

azolla

Invertafreak
Feb 26, 2010
Cape Cod, MA
I had a scrawny little kuhlie loach that would disappear for months at a time. It was in a 55g with no plants and 6 hollow tubes for my marms. Nowhere to hide yet it hid well. After 9 years it finally died of old age. It was rescued from a friend who had it for 3 years before I got it also.

Joe_Schlabotnik

AC Members
Apr 12, 2011
Yep, me too. It seems to be happening with the current tank I have. I've got a plecostamus that has gone months at a time without being spotted. Though lately I see him a lot more. And this past week I bought four clown loaches. Two of them were doing great, swimming about entertainingly. The other two seemed to have vanished. I looked everywhere. Got down on my hands and knees and looked on the ground. The tank is next to the kids' toy box, so i rifled through that too. Got out the flashlight and looked under the radiator. Nowhere to be seen. So yesterday I started rearranging some plants, and like magic, I've got four again. Yeah.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I found my missing silver dollar as a fish chip behind the tank one day...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store