Hello All I have questions...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wonder11

AC Members
Sep 1, 2006
Lakewood, CO
Hello,
I am new to this site and New to the hobby so any input would be Greatly appreciated! :cool:
I inherited a small salt setup with a 7" Porcupine Puffer and a Domino Damsel. That was in August...I've since purchased a 55gal. freshwater setup with 2 7" Tiger Oscars and a Pleco. Last week I bought a used 150gal and another pleco and moved the Oscars and the plecos, as well as a 8" Aus. Arowana to their new home and retrofitted the 55gal for salt, got a Fox-faced Rabbit fish and a Large Purple Tang, and started the new salt community. I am contemplating purchasing a Red Finned Giant Gourami and was wondering if it might be a "good fit" for the Freshwater clan? The salt community seems to be doing fine, although the Fox-face is timid, because my puffer is like a wind up toy submarine on steroids! He never nips and I have even seen the Damsel bump him on occasion (even though he's twice her size). Any thoughts on my new friends??? :bowing:

Thanks,
Steve

kcooley

freeswimming
Dec 14, 2005
MN
the gourami is not aggressive enough to be with an oscar. also with 2 common plecos and an oscar your 155 is pretty well stocked. if the oscar is not too big yet you could get a juvenile texas or managuense, maybe a jaguar or a larger south american.

Needeles

AC Members
Jun 5, 2006
Wisconsin
You may want to post this question in the Freshwater area of the forum. You will get a better responce there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store