Hello, and one thread here is why I not answer them anymore!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
There is always someone to disagree, but attacks and those who has some personal attitude with someone is something else for I dealt with it as long as im going too for more then two years I dealt with one such person and im not getting any younger doing it, or best I say, taking it> So to so im with a pretty thin skin, is really an understatement for im the one who was trying to deal with this person. If the sites mod allows someone like this to say things, what happens afterwards?

I also giving this person the time XX wanted with answers and trying to tell of the many differences in many eel species. My patience is very much at a good level and I not wish to go battling time and time again because of her or his hatred for me. Like so many times trying to get some reasoning and understanding in why, never once had this person ever tried showing anything other then what was in XX attacks.

I emailed asking this person a great number of times, why he hated me and never any answers and he said names and so many other things and I had shown this person that I have reasoning in me and would not sink to XX level.

You please notice that Im not saying the person name or anything, I not want this person no more popping up as some rotten bad apple> this person is the main reason why I called it quits and if you had seen in that site just some the things was said by XX, you wouldn't said what did here>

Im not insulting anyone, I only said the truth with no names or anything , but if this person was to view this, this person would know it is they meaning just one person. For if I was to get cracking in answering all the eel questions that others request some answers for, this person will turn up here> This person done it before>

All of what I said, I can promise you all who read this, it is the reason why I called it quits as one who might assist others on any eel question :look: please try to understand this that as much as I would love too, I cannot no more. Is that so hard to understand? :confused: :thud:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Well, tell you what OMOTS, lets draw a clean line in the sand and march forward!

What is in the past is in the past, and we are here at AC to help those that need it!

Use the report bad post icon when you feel a need to, if necessary, place folks on ignore when you think you are having issues. Give positive advice and hope they will listen. :)

I'm glad to have you here!

Folks don't need thick skin when they are treating others, the way they would like to be treated. :cool:

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
Bishop, of course if anything as that to happen here, I wouldn't act out in any aggressive way for if anything did, I would need to see that either you are any part of your staff can clean it up, it only understand got into explanations of why because all these members not understand why I felt that I couldn't assist one on a eel question.

You know that thread on what they believe the eel this member brought is to be a new zebra moray? Ask this person in a PM if he or she knows of the true ID of that eel. Trust me, I a reason for asking you it>

Im also sorry if you not understood many things, for as I not named anyone or say this person gender, I think I didnt, for Im not with anger or anything, I just not want it for im sure this person wouldnt care if I was to drop here and never get up again.

Without typing all of my medical history again, I will look for it at one other site and show you of the things I must deal with and why I will not deal with people such as that of what was mentioned.

Last edited:

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
I'm staying, just because for some limited period of time that none of you could understand why and all, its nothing for me to be upset about and as well, im by no way would win a typing award for if you understood the disabilities in which I have to deal with each and every day.

I will go to one other site that I took the time to tell someone. For one has asked me on my reef tanks progress and all. It is extremely difficult to type in the way I do for it takes me hours to type one of the longer post. As for right now, im with a lot of pain. Please don't feel sorry for I had been dealing with this for a good number of years.

I push myself to do all that I must as well as taking/helping with my three younger grandchildren that the twins (girl & boy) are four and their younger brother who is three. I been taking care of them sinse the day they were born. They not understand fully why I cannot left them when they want me to pick them up.

I can guess what you might be thinking that if im so bad off, why am I even doing this hobby. I need some rest now and im glad that this post will drown out the rest. I am a happy person within myself and family as well as the people around me where I live.:dance2:

sawyer1206

AC Members
Jul 22, 2006
Angleton, Tx.
WOW!!! I've been a member here for over 8 months and this is the first I have heard of AC members behaving in this manner. In my 33 years I've learned that there are all kinds of mean spirited people in the world. I've also learned once you have discovered one it is best to leave them ALONE!! I personally have tried to square off with a few of them and all that was accomplished was I got angrier and they were loving the confrontation.

Don't play into their hands, taking the higher road, and remember they are the minority here.

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
best to leave them ALONE!!
It be kind of difficult to leave such a person be when that kind of person keeps coming after you to have some laughs, but it is over nevertheless, for im not sticking out like a sore thumb answering eel questions. All of that as far as I know is done with.

Here is that post word for word in I told one in another forum site>

Its tough being almost 70 and all for I forget things, not everything but I do forget no less due to what my doctors call a defect due to fighting either in N. Korea or Vietnam that I feel this pressure around my skull and I tend to forget due to this disability. While in the service of my Country back then, I was never diagnosed being shelled shock > In which is why I also have a typing problem that in order for me to make something look rather more appearing in words, I found that I need too edit it time and time again. In which to simple post, I not take this time that might be needed.

I went into the hospital not too long ago for doctors to give this some relief through surgery and I not feel that it helped as much at this point in time. For im as well, back on my full medications, for blood pressure as well. But I am just the same doing fine and I do help in all I can with the kids, I just cannot pick them up for they want this all the time and its killing me not too. For with all else a problem in my medical history, I`ve as well three lower ruptured disk. No tears please for I been dealing with that for years now and im dealing with it for life does go on. Im alive, that's the bottom line here.
Im glad that I not had to type that again :)

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
If there is a particular person bothering you you could either point them out to the mods or simply go to their profil and click the ignore button. This would block all their posts so you don't have to deal with them and also any threads they start. Kinda sad to have to do that but it is why the function is there.

OldManOfTheSea

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Hillsborough NC
Joe, since im not posting answering eel questions, this person has made no attempt to approach me since the last time at RC for XX starts it with that I claim and such. So no, I no problems with anyone here and I not believe that this would be the case. Since the time I was done answering most eel questions and changed my screen name I not get this person anymore. For she or he got what they wanted, im out of the picture as an eel expert as far they know. And XX can have it, LMBO

ct-death

Fish & Visitors Smell in 3 Days...
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Hello O, and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of ur experience, but I must say this particular site has been far superior than anothers that I tested.

If I may be selfish here, we could really use the experiences and knowledge from someone like you and it would be a shame to loose you. B/c it's a free forumn you will always run into hypocrits or those unwilling to head your sound advise. It has been my experience, for what's worth, that as long as they do/or learn what was intended in the end, who am I to question how they got there (i.e. don't take it personally if at all possible).

Personal attack are another matter. I recently brushed one off myself, but the individual eventualy did the right thing, so all is good imo ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store