Hello from an original member

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Walrus

Beatles fanatic
Jan 4, 2002
Missouri
I joined AC shortly after the site was created back in the late 90's (my memory is fuzzy on the exact year but i want to say 97). I was a daily visitor until 2003 when I left the hobby. My profile now says my join date was 2002 but if memory serves there was a site/database crash that forced us all to re-register on the site.

While cleaning out my basement today I decided I want to sell my 55 gallon reef ready tank and stand. Since i've been out of the hobby for so long, i'm not sure what a fair price to ask is. If anyone can help out and give me a ballpark figure on what a fair price for a 4 year old reef ready all-glass tank is worth, i'd be grateful.

Walrus

Beatles fanatic
Jan 4, 2002
Missouri
I'd like to some day but right now i dont have the time for it. I used to keep freshwater and saltwater tanks.

Walrus

Beatles fanatic
Jan 4, 2002
Missouri
Wow Walrus, I remember you from back in the day...

about the tank... when you say reef-ready, do you mean it is pre-drilled?
hey dangerdoll, glad to see you're still around. correct on the tank, it is pre-drilled. the tank was made by all-glass aquariums and from the quick googling i did, it doesn't appear they are in business anymore. the tank has one overflow located slightly off center in the back of the tank. the stand is also the standard pine stand that AGA sold at the time. the tank and stand look brand new and i filled the tank tonight to verify it didn't leak (6 hours in and it's leak free). i'm thinking i might put it on craigslist for $200 (tank & stand)............thoughts?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice to see you around.....not a saltie here, but that does sound a bit high for just a tank and stand, even if pre-drilled and overflow. Depending on the area, I don't see how you could get more than $100 for it.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I remember you, Walrus. Welcome back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store