Hello! New here and having some problems with my tank--(African cichlids inside)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kenjivaj

AC Members
Mar 1, 2012
Fresno, CA
Real Name
xue
Yea it seems like the consensus is I need a bigger tank soon though. I want to go to a 70 at some point so I think that's the next step. How many cichlids could I do with a 70 gallon. Also I take It that with a 70 it wouldn't give me the same kind of issues I'm experiencing now.
You should look around for pictures of other cichlids tanks. It will give you an idea how many you want. See how many fish they have in there tank. Make sure they are breeder size fish though. Frontosa are one of the bigest cichlids out there. I have others cichlids that don't get that big.

kenjivaj

AC Members
Mar 1, 2012
Fresno, CA
Real Name
xue
O wow. Yea mine are not near as big as that. The biggest is maybe 5 inches at max. We chose some of the smaller ones but they are noticeably bigger than orignally obviously. The water is a cloudy kind of white right now. I'll keep up with the water changes then
I thought they your fish was bigger. You said you have it for 9 months now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store