Hello!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DG8o5

AC Members
Apr 28, 2019
Hello!

Im just returning to the aquarium scene. This time for different reasons. I have a little girl now and im excited to setup an old 55 Gallon tank i had setup years ago.

Any recommendations for stocking? Im thinking so simple hardy fish with lots of color. Also going to include some hardy plants and driftwood

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Welcome. Children love color-- Glow fishes and painted "Black Skirts" would top my list.

Reactions: DG8o5

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm going to suggest platys in any colors (there are lots!) but only all males. Then you won't have to deal with overpopulation. Look for a "gonopodium" near the vent (look them up).

A pair of pearl gouramis might be nice. They're big & have cool "feelers" but are very peaceful.

& corydoras catfish are quite fun in a group of say 8-12, all of the same species.

Welcome to AC & back to the hobby!

Reactions: DG8o5

DG8o5

AC Members
Apr 28, 2019
I'm going to suggest platys in any colors (there are lots!) but only all males. Then you won't have to deal with overpopulation. Look for a "gonopodium" near the vent (look them up).

A pair of pearl gouramis might be nice. They're big & have cool "feelers" but are very peaceful.

& corydoras catfish are quite fun in a group of say 8-12, all of the same species.

Welcome to AC & back to the hobby!

Thank you for your suggestions! I will look into them!

DG8o5

AC Members
Apr 28, 2019
Take your time deciding on fish while your tank cycles. Look at the cycling thread at the top of this newbie forum. It will help a lot!
Hi, thanks for the tip/feedback. Im familiar with cycling; I kept fish for many years before taking a break for a while.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Yeah! Then you're way beyond most "newbies".

Let us know what fish peak your interest when it's time to stock. We can help with suitable tankmates.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store