HELP!!! 50 fantail fry!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hermionie

AC Members
Aug 17, 2008
many many thanks!! :)

I am managing to do tiny water changes in the fry box using a piece of tubing, which seems to be doing the babies good, but there is a lot of mess so I am doing these changes about 3 times a day just 1 litre at a time! The fry are getting bigger and some are getting darker than others (Dad is a black Moor) so I am guessing some will take after Mum and some will be like Dad...
Also I am still cycling the nursery tank!
:goldfish:

Hermionie

AC Members
Aug 17, 2008
Update:

This morning I checked my babies and was terrified to see that there wern't as many as there had been the night before, but on closer inspection my fry were simply exploring the tupperware box, and were more spread out, rather than sticking together in a bunch!...with a sigh of relife I did the usualy 1 litre gravel vacume (ther is a heck of a lot of mess in there) and replace with fresh water (I am doing this 3 times daily)...this evening I have put them to bed and with a low light torch I have noticed their tiny swim bladders developing!!!!
I just love my fry!!! :) they are all so beautiful, but hey...I am bias!!

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
Great job, hermione! You're doing everything right so far. Remember to drain the water change into a bucket or tub before dumping, rather than just running the tubing down the drain. I had good luck using a turkey baster to suck up poo from the bottom of the tank, too.
Baby brine shrimp are definitely the way to go. I used a hatchery and raised my own - it's super simple and definitely the best food. Just remember to feed the baby shrimp as SOON AS THEY HATCH. Their nutritional value drops off dramatically just six hours after hatching.
You can check out my sticky at the top of the coldwater page, detailing my own baby adventure.

And of course, we need more pictures! :D

Hermionie

AC Members
Aug 17, 2008
Turkey baster!!!!
What a brillinat idea! thanks folks!! :grinyes:

and many thanks for all the other usefull tips too!
its realy helping me!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store