Help Anemone Issue

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Someone correct me if I'm wrong... but I'm not sure that the stock Biocube lighting will even keep it going that long. I believe they need HO T5's at a minimum.

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
I don't know, maybe if it was kept at the very top, right by the lights? I didn't get my first anemone until I'd upgraded to MH, I was too afraid of killing one.

salty420

this fish was coming on to me
Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
yikes i honestly don't think your nem will be so healthy by summer under those stock lights im sorry to say. it def won't outgrow your tank by then but they really need very strong lighting. you really can't even keep lps under the stock lighting in a biocube. as far as the tips on your bta, no one really has the answer as to why some are bubbly and some aren't. mine was bubbly when i bought it and has never been that way since!

jisha729

AC Members
Someone correct me if I'm wrong... but I'm not sure that the stock Biocube lighting will even keep it going that long. I believe they need HO T5's at a minimum.
well....summer has basically started...I am going to wait till June because that is when I get my grades...if I don't pass first year then I'm gonna move back to Sugar Land and sell everything in my biocube before I move --it would be pointless to get a tank only to have to move in a month...but if I see any problems with my anemone between now and then I will give him to a better home! Thanks everyone for your help!!

jisha729

AC Members
my lighting on my biocube says 10,000K 24 watts & Acitinic 24 watts -- and then it has those lunar lights for nightime -- will he make it under these lights until June or should I go ahead and start looking for a new home for him?!

jloventh

AC Members
Dec 2, 2003
SF Bay Area
Visit site
Just a thought...I have lost many anenomes. They are tough to keep. The older your tank is the better your chances. Also I noticied that the better my water quality the longer I kept them alive. My reccommendation is many water changes.

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
you really can't even keep lps under the stock lighting in a biocube.
I'll have to agree with everything else you said, but respectfully disagree with this. My frogspawn has done very well for me under my stock lighting, and I've had it several months. Candy canes would also work, just as another example. I agree that there are lps species that wouldn't do well under stock lighting, but if you choose carefully it can work out fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store