HELP before he dies!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ducatigirl

AC Members
Jan 2, 2010
Bunbury, Western Australia
He has made it through everything (if any one knows my 'hell tank' history).
He was fine in the morning and at night he was swimming erratically. He has a swollen belly,
its about 2 am and he is still alive thank god, but still swimming on his side.

There is a chance hes been over fed, he has been housed in a tank with 2 dozen platys some gouramis , who eat like maniacs,
almost jumping out the side of the tank when i open the door for feeding time. Had noticed he was a bit slow getting to the food, so have made sure to add more for his sake and the gouramis.

Hes in a different tank now, please help.
youtube vid of him

[YT]k1CwNx0JOXk[/YT]

He has been as healthy as anything for months while he has been in this tank with the plays etc. That whole tank has been healthy, no sick fish no deaths.He has been with those fish for 6 7 months, except when I moved him once to a new tank with other angels- aggression issues so he went back in here.2 months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
might be stopped up internally. You could try feeding a boiled pea or two, but I dont see him paying any attention to food at this point.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
not sure if its swim bladder issues?
and btw its horizonaly,..lol
did you quarenteen it? sorry i can't help much,.. will it eat? does it try to eat,..

ducatigirl

AC Members
Jan 2, 2010
Its the middle of the night just woke up, couldnt decide if it was horizontal.lol
Not interested in food, too bust trying to stay up right. I read up on swim bladder, doesnt sound like it.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I believe it is swim bladder problem due to an infection of some sort of bacteria.

Yes, "horizontal" would be correct.

KarlTh

AC Members
Feb 15, 2008
Horizontal - i.e. same as horizon. That's how to remember.

This very probably is a swim bladder problem. The fish is too light and cannot sink, so it keeps on floating back to the top, and the most energetically stable position for it to rest in is horizontal.

ducatigirl

AC Members
Jan 2, 2010
Lol. I know what horizontal is, and the sun sets on the horizon, my fish swim from left to right which is horizontal. haha thanks guys, I got up at 2am, stressed about him and logical rationality was nil.

So I added 20l/ 1/2 tab of trisulphur last night.
He was resting horizontally(lol) on his side.
This morning added the epsom salt, and half an hour before that added 2 pinches of sea salt.
Did a 20% WC with heated and aged rainwater ( ready from yesterdays wc's)
with a touch of blackwater extract.

He is now upright and keeping balance. (5 hours since I started with him)

fingers crossed!!!

I have only a 1% success rate at getting sick angels back.

I also aerated the water more.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store