HELP! Dwarf Gourami looks sickly!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MusiCraze0

AC Members
Jan 13, 2018
i bought 3 dwarf gourami last month they were relatively healthy with not much violence together. The most they did was flash and chase each other no actual nipping etc. in contrast to other’s belief they are peaceful most of the time except when feeding then they start chasing. But 2 weeks ago one of them started hiding, lost colour(his blue fin has gone very light) , loss of appetite. I didn’t think much at that time as my tank is fully cycled with all readings at zero with regular water changes. My tank isn’t overstocked too with 3 Amano shrimp(shedding regularly), 3 corydoras(eating like crazy), 3 dwarf gourami(plays with my finger) all doing well except for that one. Seeing as something is wrong, I just took him out and quarantined him in a smaller tank and I noticed both his eyes has gone red. What should I do?!

C38DD14F-9C6B-448A-843B-DDF70E7C1413.jpeg

MusiCraze0

AC Members
Jan 13, 2018
Is it some infection, injury or could it be iridovirus?!(please please please not be the last I really liked this fish)

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Just curious what water parameter test kit you're using. You mentioned all your readings being zero. That's not typical with a normal, cycled tank. You should show some nitrates and nothing else.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
What size is the main tank?

MusiCraze0

AC Members
Jan 13, 2018
Oh the kit can only measure ammonia and nitrites. And the tank is 15 gallon?(didn’t measure just an estimate from when I do water changes. I asked my friend who owns a couple of good looking successful aquariums and he said depending on the nature 3 DGs can be kept together. Just have plenty of cover (out of sight out of mind) plus I got them from a tank with a lot of them in and is relatively peaceful

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Get a good liquid test kit that has the ability to do ammonia, nitrite , nitrate and pH as separate individual tests. Measure the tank and use the tank calculator at the top of the page to determine size. I'd wager the tank where you got them from was just a standard LFS set up, not what would be for long term.

MusiCraze0

AC Members
Jan 13, 2018
It’s not eating( still in quarantine) I recall he ate a bit when in the larger tank I’m kinda worried that he will starve himself to death. What do you guys think should I put him back or should I leave him in quarantine and hope that he gets better? (Symptoms: lose of colour, inactivity, loss of appetite, red eyes)
P.S his poop is clear which shows he is clearly not eating i tried to feed him flakes and even tried a small worm but he would not even touch it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store