Help! EBA Seizures??!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kaleen

Registered Member
Feb 1, 2021
My Electric Blue Acara has been acting VERY weird for the past couple days. He’s been darting around the tank, diving into the gravel then floating at the top either on his side or upside down. He then seems to seize up and is unable to move for a minute, then he gets himself back together and seems freaked out. He’s been doing this often for the past couple days, won’t eat, and hides all the time. He’s currently in a quarantine tank and I’ve dosed General Cure and Erythromycin. He’s still darting and is having an episode right now. Currently laying on his side at the bottom seized up, but still alive and trying to move.

I have no clue what’s going on. I’m worried because I really like this fish but I don’t think he has much time left. It’s disturbing to watch him like this and I don’t want him to suffer anymore if there’s no curing him. Help!

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
My Electric Blue Acara has been acting VERY weird for the past couple days. He’s been darting around the tank, diving into the gravel then floating at the top either on his side or upside down. He then seems to seize up and is unable to move for a minute, then he gets himself back together and seems freaked out. He’s been doing this often for the past couple days, won’t eat, and hides all the time. He’s currently in a quarantine tank and I’ve dosed General Cure and Erythromycin. He’s still darting and is having an episode right now. Currently laying on his side at the bottom seized up, but still alive and trying to move.

I have no clue what’s going on. I’m worried because I really like this fish but I don’t think he has much time left. It’s disturbing to watch him like this and I don’t want him to suffer anymore if there’s no curing him. Help!
Have you tested for ammonia or nitrite? Has it been scratching on rocks at all.? Did this start after shorty after a feeding or water change?

Reactions: Wyomingite
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store