HELP!!Flowerhorn spilling out food.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

adi51096

AC Members
Apr 10, 2014
Shall I feed him worms only?I fed him worms this noon but he hasn't shown! That much interest :(
What to do now?

Sent from my ST26i using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

adi51096

AC Members
Apr 10, 2014
I asked my lfs,he said that these are high quality feeders and are raised in excellent condition.what to do now?

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
I live in King William county Virginia, USA
Real Name
Jason
Typically, feeders aren't provided the same level of care as "show" fish. More often than not, illness is overlooked due to high turnover. Your LFS simply restocks his tank with feeders from his supplier who also says they are "high quality". Not very reliable. I think you're expecting results too quickly. From my cichlid keeping experience, they eat when they're hungry. That's also when they "show"; so don't feed often, feed him once a day or every other day. He'll let you know when he wants to eat and show for you.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

adi51096

AC Members
Apr 10, 2014
Aah you're getting me wrong!
When I go near the tank,he comes near me to ask for food,but when I feed him,he spills them out.What to do then?

adi51096

AC Members
Apr 10, 2014
But why does he comes near me when I go near the tank if he's not hungry?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
how long have you had this fish? what are the tank parameters? what other fish , if any are kept with it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store