HELP! Gourami w/ ulcer (pics)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hamstamasta

AC Members
Feb 19, 2005
Miami, FL
Sorry for the misunderstanding mduros -- I'm only asking about euthanizing again because IceH20 said he had to put down two of his gouramis which apparently had the same disease as mine. I'm not euthanasia-happy or anything, I just don't want my fish to 1) die in my tank, have one of the others nibble on it and pick up the same bacteria or 2) die a natural death after a long period of suffering. Didn't mean to offend, I apologize.

I did a 10% water change earlier (didn't want to take out too much of the Melafix) and I'm in the process of starting up my quarantine tank in case it shows a turn for the worse.

Last edited:

Rowangel

I like fish with tarter sauce
Jan 20, 2006
Champaign, Illinois
Heh, the hardest part is being patient. Don’t need to worry about euthanizing unless the fish really becomes far-gone. As long as it is swimming, eating and showing normal habits (as well as can be expected under the circumstances) then just wait and see what happens. Medications can take awhile to work. If he takes a turn for the worse, put him into the Q-T so he’s not harassed and medicate from there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store