HELP! My 3 cherry barbs are acting weird

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jennifer G.

AC Members
Nov 20, 2017
I do not posess a testing kit but in my opinion I do not think it is ammonia poisoning as the water was put in like 2 hours ago unless ammonia built up too quickly(does ammonia built up this quickly[stock 3 yamato shrimp 3 cherry barb couple of plants and Marimo moss ball]. It’s under stocked so I didn’t think that it was ammonia poisoning. :( however I’m currently not at home (need to go settle something) so I cannot do a water change now. I hope the fish survive I’m doing a water change immediately when I get back. Do I do 10% or 25% or bigger? And I see no white specks. P.S don’t plants absorb ammonia nitrates and nitrites? I’m very confused right now XO. I left like 10 min ago and the fish was still alive just a bit inactive and fins still clamped. Anyway thanks! I’ll post again if the situation changes
Just some food for thought. My fresh from the tap water reads 1 ppm ammonia. So just because you just added the water 2 hours ago, doesn't mean they aren't being affected by ammonia.

I personally think every fish keeper needs to have bare necessities. Test kits are one of those must haves. Without them, you're playing the guessing game and asking for advice. Advice can't be given accurately without test results.

MusiCraze0

AC Members
Jan 13, 2018
Thanks for the support! My three shrimp is alive after this period of time and even has molted. Feeling better and having the water tested by a local near my home fish shop I am glad to say the cycle has been established. It took only a short period of time cause the tank had props that were in a already cycled tank. I have gotten a dwarf gourami (red flame as they seemed more healthy then the blue ones which already had one dying in the holding tank at the fish shop) and 3 corydoras(2 albino and 1 don’t really know the name but is grey with black spots). They seem ok but the dwarf is still spooked by my presence. I notice thou he only eats when the filter is off(probably current to high) and spits out the Betta flakes so I have changed to feeding it small flakes meant for tetras and guppies which she(probably cause rounded fin) doesn’t spit out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store