Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

  1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help my Angelfish!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Illness and Disease' started by stephenpence, Mar 13, 2012.

  1. stephenpence

    stephenpence What.. my name isn't enough?

    Real Name:
    Feb 9, 2010
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    Last Seen:
    Apr 4, 2015
    So, i went to a fish auction that was about 4 hours from my house. i ended up with an angelfish and i did my best to keep him alive until i got back home, but that entailed an overnight stay. I set up a temp tank with clean, distilled water, heater, and air pump. (i know this isn't ideal, but it's better than keeping them bagged up). so in the morning, i bagged them, and drove them home. by the time he got to my tank, one side of his gills were showing bright red (he's a koi). i acclimated him into the tank, and he was lethargic at best. in the morning, he was upside down on the bottom of the tank, but alive. I moved him to a breeder box hanging on the side of the 55gal and put him somewhere where he'd get a little bit of flow through the tank. He's gone from upside-down.. to laying on his side, to swimming upright, although still really lethargic. he won't take food. I'm desperate to try and nurse him back to health, but i don't know if this is a patience thing, or if there's something i can be doing for him. the water is at 82 degrees and it's a well established, well cycled tank. I'm opperating under the assumption that i'm dealing with an ammonia overdose of sorts... but i noticed this morning that theres a 'cloud' type thing around one of his lower fins... any help would be appreciated. I can't stand to see this little guy die!
  2. Jannika

    Jannika MTS Survivor

    Real Name:
    Mar 17, 2010
    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    N. California
    Last Seen:
    Apr 28, 2013
    The red gills do sound like an ammonia problem. The 'cloudy' fin could possibly be mucus hyperproduction, which can occur due to transportation stress. How's the poor guy doing today?

Share This Page