Help my tank pleas !!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
yea id go lights too, but your tank will need time to adjust.

so you wont be able to leave them on all day, right away.

slowly increase the time their on so nobody gets burned.

then w/ lr, add it slowly, to prevent any extreme amount more of die off than your tank could currently handel

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
i agree with everyone, but you need to do a water change as soon as possible. rinse with clean water any chemical filtration (don't do anything with biofiltration, the white things in your canister filter) and run everything the same untill you get more live rock. but of cause, upgrading the lights is the next step after the water change. do 25% of water change or so. oh, and before lights get there, feed your anemone every day if possible. the water change should help the anemone to come around for you to feed it. good luck

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
if you have the choice, MH 14k+ spectrum

other should chime in on the wattage, brand, bulbs, etc...:help:
ok man im going 2 get the light youre talking about ....

for the MH, where can i get one and how much is it going 2 run me?

i have a 72 bow tank and i have my protein skimmer on the side....

is that going 2 mess with the MH or will it be ok on the side of my tank?

here is a pic of the top of my tank

thanks thats all i needed.

635y.jpg 23213.jpg 656.jpg Picture 204.jpg Picture 201.jpg

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
You can get 1 or 2 clamp-on MH for that tank. Did you follow that link I gave you to see if you have a local reef club nearby? You can put an add in there for a light. You can also look in the Used Equipment forum for one. You'll have to take the glass top off that tank too.

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
You can get 1 or 2 clamp-on MH for that tank. Did you follow that link I gave you to see if you have a local reef club nearby? You can put an add in there for a light. You can also look in the Used Equipment forum for one. You'll have to take the glass top off that tank too.

yea i saw it is the light you gave the link to is the a MH light .... and i could not find the page to the local reef club.. but i found the used equipment but they did not have and HM light i wanted

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
expand your options (there are other forums out there) craigs list etc.

id suggest tryin RC's drygoods fforum, ther's just more people over there.

id still like another member HERE to give you a better idea of what wattage and such youd want with a 70gal bow.... i just dont know...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store