Help name my koi please (part 2)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TJcanada

AC Members
pic#1 - looks like a Yamabuki Ogon(hard to tell if it's scaleless......?)
-a yellow/gold Ogon(meaning highly metallic) showing white at fin tips.

pic#2 - possible Yamabuki Hariwake or Kujaku*Hikarimoyo-mono*(hard to tell from pic - got a close up?)
- a metallic koi

pic#3 - most likely a Showa with the black on fins(got a better pic?close-up maybe?)

pic#4 - not a Tancho, more like a Kohaku
-Tancho head markings should be central on the head, body a pure white - unless it's a tancho sanke or showa. Round head marking is more traditional, but other shapes are also found. Kohaku patterns are quite simply red and white markings. Balance of the pattern over the whole body is most sought after.

Hypancistrus-zebra

Mar 17, 2002
UK
www.thefishtank.cjb.net
unfortuantly thats the best pics i have :( Yes the 1st fish is scaleless. Mind you, looking again, I think the #1 pic and #2 pic are different fish. Woops, those 2 wear bought together. One is almost a pinky peach, while #2 is bright orange.

I won't beable to get any more pics until next spring. Till then, I just wonna get them warm and happy at present :)

:p

the 2nd fish is metallic yes. You can see him / her on the 1st pic.

the 3rd doesn't have any metallic in him at all. Its either mat finished, or normal scale like colouring. He has a slight blue and white body, with red on the head, and the black and red on top of the rest, on his body.

thanks guys!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store