help please asap! Another sick fish, this time a corry Cat. Cloudy eyes, spots etc...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Without knowing what you're treating, it's hard to say that any specific product will work.

Have you ever seen ammonia levels? If all these animals have been added within the last month, I'd be shocked if there wasn't a spike, even with fishless cycling and a lot of plants. But, more likely, one of the fish (rummynose get my bet, since they're the first to show symptoms) brought something in, and the ammonia levels spiking have stressed and weakened all the fish to the point where they're susceptible. Water changes will be your friend, as will getting the test kit results confirmed by a 2nd party. Perhaps an LFS where you purchased fish?

Dredgesclone

AC Members
Nov 19, 2008
Milford MI 48381
I ended up nuking the qt tank with bleach water and spent the last hour rinsing it all off and putting it in storage for later. What a pain in the butt that was and it feels so wrong putting evil bleach on aquarium stuff. I marked it all as Qt only for future use.

I checked the test kit and it expires in 2018, but I'll cross check my readings with a lfs in the near future.

I will continue to treat the main tank with the microblift stuff, it says it's organic and safe, so I'm hoping that's not another lie.

sol

AC Members
Sep 15, 2013
My fish are sick and dying:
here is a cory cat I just photographed, he has holes in his fins and grey eyes, my water test I just took is:
PH 7.6
Amm 0
nRite 0
nRate 10 ppm

and I just pulled a dead garnet tetra and corry cat out

I did a big water change 5 days ago

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store