help please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishbreeder101

AC Members
Apr 11, 2012
Ny
Real Name
Ali
as some of you may know i am a 15 year old kid that keeps fresh water and brackish water fish. it is my birthday and i am now setting up a salt water tank:naughty:. i ran out of money buying live rock and sand:wall:. so can any one spare me some corals and an anemone:help:. i would really appreciate it. my tank looks very empty with nothing but a bunch of rocks. thank you for your time and generosity. :bowing:

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I know you're young an patience is probably not in your vocabulary but even if you had the money for all the livestock you can fit in the tank, the tank is far from ready for any livestock (especially a nem). Instant reef tanks just don't happen. Those that try typically fail and give up the hobby. The animals will die and your tank will become infested with nutrients (leading to major algae) that will be very difficult to remove.

Just appreciate what you have, learn about what it takes to keep a nem and corals (yes, they can have different requirements) and enjoy the build.

If you must have an instant reef, go buy fake inserts. That's not a slight, just trying to help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store