Help! Pleco with open wounds!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tmtpowers

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Burlington, NC
www.ferretvillage.org
Yes, he is doing so much better thanks to Roan! His ulcers are healing over and are now patches of new light gray skin. The gray patches on the skin are also healing up and returning to normal color. His large hole in his nose is actually healing up as well. I really did not think the hole would heal over to where there was no hole but thus far it appears that it will heal 100%. He still has a bit of fin damage but I'm sure that will take time to heal. He is also much more active. When I try to get him to move where I can see his belly now he flies across the tank. Before I could gently take is tail and guide him to the nearest wall so he would go up it. Makes things harder now to check on his progress but that's a good thing :) He is also eating now which just thrills me :) He still has a long road ahead of him before he looks like a normal healthy pleco but he has come a long ways too.
Tomorrow we are starting to wean him onto normal healthy water by cutting back the melafix. We've already weaned him from the salt. So far so good :) Our biggest problem is his eyes which look worse in the pictures than what they are but they are still a bit cloudy.

Anyways, here are a few pics to show just how well he is doing. Again, sorry for the crappy quality. I'm still working on mastering taking pictures of fish :p

You can see his eyes pretty good in this one as well as the patches that have improved a lot! You can also see the hole in his nose that looks worse on camera than in real life.

The white spots in the middle of his tummy is where those blood red ulcers were. As you can see they look MUCH better!

And for some reason this picture is coming out larger than what it has been re sized to so here is the link:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/tmtpowers/P6210001.jpg

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
Nah, Barney's cool (the name, that is), I've small kids, too.

You could think of him (when the little one is not around) as either Barney from the Simpsons or Barney from the Flintstones :D

Roan

DeputyChiefJR

Glub! Glub!
Jan 18, 2006
Central Ct
or Barney Fife, wasn't he a tough old detective?

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
DeputyChiefJR said:
or Barney Fife, wasn't he a tough old detective?
Heh, no, that was Don Knotts in The Andy Griffith Show :joke:

Are you thinking of Barney Miller with Hal Linden in the title role? The 12th precinct? I loved that show!

Roan

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store