Help trying to save friends TANK ! And FISH !

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

@PufferBoys_3

AC Members
Dec 1, 2019
Was this API master test reading done before or after all the water changes? pH is reading 8.8? Do you have a read for you tap water after it sits over night?

I think the main thing is, maintenance is being done, although these poor guys need a proper home.
This was done before , I told my friend but he said he doesn’t have the money for a new tank ??‍♂

@PufferBoys_3

AC Members
Dec 1, 2019
F6401F1E-8F05-4804-9957-01B7EBFA617B.jpeg
Also the guy who sold me this tank said I attach this protein skimmer on the inside of my tank is that correct ? ??

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
This was done before , I told my friend but he said he doesn’t have the money for a new tank ??‍♂
Ask him if he does have the money to clean up after having 55 (or whatever the size is) gallons of water on the floor.
These fish are called tankbusters for a reason they can break the glass.
Show him the video I posted in this thread, and tell him I told you to say to look for a fish rescue to come pick it up. Ohio Fish Rescue has a 2400 gallon tank for rescued Pacus, there are other fish rescues and some hobbyists with big heated ponds that will take them in as well. They are much easier to transport when they're still small like his...
If he gets angry just blame me...

Reactions: dudley

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
How has the tank been doing since you've done some maintenance on it?

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Glad to hear it, definitely keep up with the water changes as the nitrate reading showed it was still a bit high.

BTW, the tank mate is a male Lake Malawi Melanochromis (formerly Pseudotropheus) auratus.

Reactions: @PufferBoys_3
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store