Hey guys I am back and need a jumpstart

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Michael Marino

SALT WATER FOR LIFE
Mar 5, 2006
Long Island, New York
I have a 29 Gallon reef with 50 LBS of live rock in it, been going on for about year now! any way basicly I had gone through a few fish unforchantly. I Just need a little jumpstart on how to Get rid of a fare amount of hair algea. Also what do I need to have my perfect clean tank back again! THANKS!

Michael Marino

SALT WATER FOR LIFE
Mar 5, 2006
Long Island, New York
ahahah Maintenece.... well I really dont get to test my water as much as i whould like. I have a 700$ check waiting to be cashed and I am willing to do w/e it takes to get my tank running back to normal. Everything is good as of paremters but as it seems the phosphates High. I i have a regular filter 2 Power heads 1 protine skimmer and live rock and sand with 2 blue damsels just to keep everything good.
GRINS THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONCE!

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Ro/Di? If not, that's your first step. Cut off the source of the algae's food and it does go away...trust me! ;)

Michael Marino

SALT WATER FOR LIFE
Mar 5, 2006
Long Island, New York
Back from 3 hour CLEAN UP!!! ahaha i bascily started over 90% waterchange and scrubbed alot of algea off the live rock. Its still clearing up. Tommrow Ill run out to the LFS and check my water out. I am actually running really low on Reef Chrystles .

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
So what kind of water did you fill up the tank with? If it wasn't filtered, it's not going to help with the algae problem.

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
Filtered? As in RO water? If not that is the only water that will help your tank. I would suggest you buy this test kit. That is $20 off Petco price. This one might cover everything needed for a reef too but Im not sure. Grins can tell you what else you need to test for besides what that covers. I also need to know too because I lost the list lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store