Hey What are you keeping?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
Hey folks.. Just a general shoot out. Lets see what everyone is keeping?
Here are a few photos of my collection
3 lined mud turtle.

3 Toed Box Turtle.. Been in my collection since 06.

Asian Box Turtle

Central American Banded Gecko

Various Leopards.

Reactions: dougall

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Theres a part of me that wants to say least killies, but it'd be a lie...

Mostly algae, but some plants, some low grade cherry shrimp and there are a few kinds of wild betta.

No pictures because algae, and lazy.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
No herps purposely...the pond out back is rife with wild painted turtles though. I don't usually see them up close but it's fun to see them basking across the water. Easiest "pets" ever! I found a spotted turtle a few years ago too, they are so reclusive so it was cool to see one and know they're around.

Reactions: tricksterpup

Cria

AC Members
Oct 8, 2019
Hi there! I recently became a turtle parent. Shelly was found in my next door neighbors back yard and turned out to be an African Side Neck turtle (I think he's a helmeted turtle, not a mud turtle). Certainly wouldn't survive the winter in Minnesota, so several hundred dollars later, here I am trying to figure out the best way to care for him and ways to trick out his tank.IMG_3915.JPG

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
Hi there! I recently became a turtle parent. Shelly was found in my next door neighbors back yard and turned out to be an African Side Neck turtle (I think he's a helmeted turtle, not a mud turtle). Certainly wouldn't survive the winter in Minnesota, so several hundred dollars later, here I am trying to figure out the best way to care for him and ways to trick out his tank.
Yeah, this is not a Mud Turtle.. they stay small about 4 inches or so.. that is a sideneck.

Cria

AC Members
Oct 8, 2019
I know he is a sideneck, but there are a few different types of sideneck turtles. I've seen African black mud turtle, West african mud turtle (pelosius subniger) and East african mud turtle (pelosius castaneus) all listed as common names for different species of sideneck turtle. I believe my turtle is an african helmeted turtle (Pelomedusa subrufa) rather than an african mud turtle.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store