Hi Everyone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Swiftwind

♡ Neptune ♡
Jul 25, 2006
Australia
Hi Everyone

I just realised I hadn't introduced myself around here yet. Anyway...

My name's Erin, I'm 19 and I'm from Australia. I'm a major newbie when it comes to the art of fish keeping. I have had fish in the past, and this time I really wanted to do lots of research before buying any fish/tanks.

I have 2 yoyo loaches, 6 white cloud minnows and 1 betta.

If you want to see pics of my tanks you can go here:
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83496

It already seems like a great place around here! :)

Swiftwind

♡ Neptune ♡
Jul 25, 2006
Australia
Thank you MGamer and Fish Freak! :) It's been really fun and interesting reading up about fish care.. I must admit I never knew there was so much involved before getting started. I even got my mum interested in it all and she's even thinking about buying a large tank.. which is very good! :D

Needeles

AC Members
Jun 5, 2006
Wisconsin
Well welcome to AC. I'm glad your learning and hope the best for your tank. It's always nice to hear when people are thinking ahead and doing the research needed to properly take care of there tank. Cudos to you, lol

On a side note good luck getting your mom in the hobby. I think if she can handle the care of the tank she will grow to really love the hobby.

Swiftwind

♡ Neptune ♡
Jul 25, 2006
Australia
Thank you Needeles! :) Ahh.. I don't know if she's up to cleaning the tank out - she is kind of controlling sometimes :)P) and last time I had fish she never let me clean the tank out! She got pretty sick of having to do that every weekend. haha! Luckily I don't mind cleaning, I actually enjoy it.

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
hi Erin! Nice to meet you, although I've always enjoyed seeing you around the forums :) You seem like a sweet girl. Tell mum hi for me ;)

It was the opposite in my house. My mom wanted a big saltwater tank when I was about 10. But she didn't want to do any work for it, so I ended up taking care of it.

Swiftwind

♡ Neptune ♡
Jul 25, 2006
Australia
Hey Cheech and Plah, thanks for the welcome! :)
Aww that's really sweet, Plah.. thanks! :D

Hahah I kind of wish my mum was like that.. She doesn't seem too keen to get a tank (even though she suggested getting a big one, she keeps changing her mind), but she sees I'm enjoying the hobby. She's even grown attached to my catfish!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC Erin!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store