Hi - please help - sick oranda

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tinks

Registered Member
Aug 30, 2010
Hi All

I am new to forums and I am fairly new to the fish community.

I am having some trouble with my oranda – “ Rambo” I have had him for about 1 year and 3 months. He has obviously been happy because he keeps growing. I have upgraded his tank 3 times. The latest was 2 weeks ago. It was also the first time I started worrying about testing his water. Anyway 4 days ago I noticed that he was staying at the bottom of his tank. Which seemed unusual. When I noticed on the 2nd day he was still staying at the bottom I did an immediate 50% water change. Over the next 2 days I have bee monitoring the ph and ammonia levels. There is no ammonia the ph was a little hight but that is now neutral. He does swim a bit and then just goes back down again. Physically he looks good. He is now not eating as much and I have had to start feeding him sinking pellets.

I asked the “fish guy” at my local pet store and he was unsure as well and suggested I go onto a forum.

I am very worried. Please if anyone can suggest anything. That would be great.

Tinks

tinks

Registered Member
Aug 30, 2010
thanks

Hi

Thanks for that. I have posted. Fingers crossed :)

Tinks

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store