~Hi~

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chillin21

Registered Member
Apr 18, 2010
Hey!!

My name is chillinschic...
Love your site...Its awesome and very informative..

So ive got an issue..
I recently purchased 6 cute red clawed crabbies..Made a new home for them.. Bought the works.. They're so cute.. I love red clawed crabs..
I have no issues with them but my crabbies have been missing their legs. And they're still alive.. Whats up with that???

So my bfriend got me 3 hermit crabs and a new home for them. My issue is that i dont know so much info about them but one of the hermits have been pinching me lots. The other two doesnt.. But this one just pinches me when its time to play.. I was told to take them out everynite for play time. I was told to train them with fruits and talk to them constantly. .. My question to anyone out there. Is any of this info true. Should i take them out everynite for play and train them.. Cause IM LOST.. And also i keep hearing lil' chirping at nites.. Im really lost....

Thank You

pongo

AC Members
Mar 9, 2010
Minnesota
Hi welcome to the forum. I can't help you with crab specifics, but can say that "play' for a hermit crab is not what they would be doing in their natural habitat. Any time an animal is expected to do something not in their natural behavior-play with humans it causes stress to the animal, many will adapt to it but others will slowly perish. I try to make any of my animals environment as authentic to them as possible and allow them their natural behavior as I try to meet all of their needs, not my wants.

just my .02

Natalie_ava

AC Members
Mar 28, 2010
Texas
I have had hermit crabs before and they do indeed chirp. They are a fun pet and should be pretty gentle. They do sometimes pinch though, and I found that it was usually when they did not feel stable. They love fruit and veggie snacks too. I recommend searching online for more information about hermit crabs. They don't require much. I hope you enjoy them!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store