Hi

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
hi and welcome! I'd be interested in how you think MFK differs from AC, being that we're both owned by the same person (our fearless leader, Neo!).

cburkhart78

deep-fried channel cat
Oct 29, 2006
Ft Worth, Tx
Well, both AC and MFK are using vBulletin(which is cool).I was very curious when I read about AC and thought it might be a MFK duplicate.I was wrong.AC seems to be a much more generalized(as far as fish) site.There seem to be members that may keep paradise fish and others that may keep predators.From what I've seen so far, I think I'll be spending some time here. ;)

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
good, I look forward to seeing more of you around! Yes, I like the familiar vBulletin format, too. It definitely makes new forums seem comforting.

I think you'll also find that the "culture" of AC is slightly different. Not only our philosophy toward fish as pets, but also our collective personality is unique :) I mean, a site is only as great as its members!

fish_freak

Retired Mod
Feb 15, 2002
Great Barrington, MA
Hi and Welcome to AC! :hi:
The way I preceive it is that aquaria central is a general fish keeping site dealing with all aspects of the hobby. We tend to get a lot of begining aquarist's here looking for help. MFK is a specalty site dealing with larger side of aquaria. All and all I think the partnership between the three sites is going to be beneficial for all. Hope you enjoy your self here!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store