Hillstream Build River-Tank Manifold System

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbarr

AC Members
Feb 19, 2018
I am considering setting up a "Hillstream Build River-Tank Manifold System" in a 180 gallon aquarium. Does anyone have any experience with that setup? Thanks.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I have a "river-ish" tank without the manifold. I didn't want to totally commit, lol. I have a 55g with 2 AC 70 HOBs & a Maxi-jet 1200 powerhead. I have sewellia lineolata, gastromyzon ctenocephalus, stiphodon gobies (though these are dying off), Vietnamese whiteclouds (almost gone now) & leopard danios. Tons of plants, unlike many river set ups.

What fish are you thinking of keeping? My sewellia have bred a couple times with a few survivors & no effort on my part.

Panda garra, dennisoni barbs & botia histrionica in a different 55g but same filters & PH, 1 of my favorite tanks ever!

With a 180g you have so many cool options! & then there's Mattenfilter variation on the Martin Theone manifold system too.

Loaches are my favorite fish!! But there are many ways to keep them happy.

Rbarr

AC Members
Feb 19, 2018
I have a 55 gallon now. I will be upgrading to a 180 gallon aquarium in order to accommodate my bala shark's need for a larger tank and moving water. My bala sharks are small now, they will need a larger tank in the future.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
How many balas do you have now or plan to have? They get pretty big, as I think you know. & what loaches, lol, do you plan to keep?

You have enough tank space for 6+ clown loaches OR several more smaller loaches...maybe histrionca or kubotai? All would be good choices but none, IMO, "need" a manifold, but it might be nice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store