HM betta has finrot.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
My HM betta has come down with finrot. He's been in a hospital tank with meds getting better. I'm more and more suspicious that HM have some genetic issues. He's had these torn fins problems ever since I got him.
He's always been more sendentary then the delta.

The other four bettas are doing great and everybody gets the same level of care.

Eupterus

Jul 22, 2007
Jungle Fungus eliminator. Saying it treats fungus and bacteria.
On the back, fin and tail rot.
First ingredient is salt.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
That's really strange. That med is supposed to be effective with additional series of water changes. What foods are you feeding this fish?

Edit: Have you check your water parameters? What are they?

Eupterus

Jul 22, 2007
It's probably be more useful if I checked the water conditions in the tank I pulled him from.
Not sure what you mean by strange?...Because he's had past fin tear problems and has been always been less active then the delta?. The meds are working and the HM betta is getting better.

Foods: right now now hikari betta pellets and dried blood worms.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I forgot the part that you said he kept getting finrot despite healing up which means the med is doing its job effectively. Sorry about the confusion.lol Would it be possible to add more food to the menu? It might help.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store