HM

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Yadokari

AC Members
Feb 10, 2008
What is HM and does anyone have pics of it?
I tried to google "HM aquarium plant" but that's just awful. And if I just google HM, I get a clothing store. Which of course, is not even close to a plant or an aquarium.

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145451

help!

Edit: I forgot to mention, I tried using search and had no luck on forums :( even though I know I've seen people mention Hm before.

Yadokari

AC Members
Feb 10, 2008
Oh, baby tears. Why don't people just call it baby tears!?
I would've known right away!

Thanks for the info :)

LC

AC Members
Feb 26, 2007
Toronto
Just bought some last week too... but I'm not having any luck with it so far. a lot of leaves are falling off and seems like it starting to die on me. Could it be not enough light? I have 2x10w CF in a 5 gal.

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
Maybe your bulbs are too far from the water or it's shaded. I'm growing it in my 46, and in both 5g tanks. It is slowest in the shrimp tank - 40W halogen, very minimal ferts, Excel... does better under the 20W colormax. In all cases, it's leggy and needs frequent trimming for me, but id keeps leaves.

jmhart

Revolutionary
Sep 8, 2007
Atlanta,GA
Similar to HC, Hemianthus micranthemoides requies high light to grow it's best. Under very high light, it'll stay compact, 6" or less, and become quite bushy. Under lower light or shaded situations, it becomes leggy and can grow very long, striving to reach the light.

Some people like it all leggy, but I prefered it under my hight lights.

Oh, and people don't just call it "baby tears" because common names are subjective and change from place to place. I've heard the name "baby tears" applied to several plants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store