Hood for Metaframe 10 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OCRacer

Registered Member
Nov 4, 2016
I just purchased a 10 gallon chrome Metaframe tank and matching stand. It looks as though someone already replaced the tar looking sealant with silicone so that is one less step for me. The tank did not come with any type of hood or light. I have seen some Internet pics of some but nothing that is for sale. Any idea of where to come across one? I have checked EBay/Etsy and there is nothing currently available.

Also, I would love to get some large Metaframe or Pemco chrome tanks. Any leads on where to find them? I live in Missouri. Thanks!!!

IMG_5703.JPG

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Cool! Had a tank and stand just like that as a kid. Hopefully the silicone "retrofit" works out for you. I never had a glass top on mine. Just an incandescent strip light. You'd have to have your own top made out of a piece of plexiglass, glass, etc.

Reactions: OCRacer

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I got my hood along with the tank from a seller at my local aquarium society.

maybe try asking at clubs or older fishkeepers if they know of any.

Reactions: OCRacer

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, I've seen some old light fixtures (chrome-ish/stainless) that might look ok & work ok...maybe with screw-in spiral bulbs instead of incandescent bulbs. My concern is the "shock hazard" of old lighting equipment...& I've been there...but not with Metaframes. Cool tanks, I love the look! Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store