How do u aquascape?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GuiltyPleasures

AC Members
I think everyone has given some great examples of how to aquascape their tanks. As for doing it cheap well my budget is at an all time low due to being on SSD so I try and go for natural and finding as much of my items for the tank as I can. I'm lucky as in I live on the coast so I can just walk the beaches and find all kinds of neat driftwood and rocks to use in my tanks. Most all of my tanks have sand for the substrate (bought at a lumber yard - 40 pounds for less than 5 bucks, or pool sand - 100 pounds for 8 bucks) rocks from the beaches and driftwood from the beaches too. Fake plants from the Dollar Tree, Joanns Crafts, Walmart and even the Goodwill. Backgrounds can be just a painted outside back or (what I have used) Black Garbage Sacks, Black or Colored Poster Board, Fabric streached over Poster Board or wood. I also use sea shells from the ocean in my brackish tank along with other Saltwater looking items. My brackish tank even has a big shoulder bone from a sealion that I found on one of my beachcombing trips. Just use your imagionation and just keep an eye out for things that might work out good in your tanks. Be sure they are safe and wash/soak before using. Most of all, have fun!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store