How fast does anacharis grow?...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Miyavism

FEED ME A STRAY CAT.
Feb 13, 2007
Should grow hecka fast. I know that anacharis doesn't like to be rooted (mine would be constantly floatin' around).

I've heard from the other pond-keepers on here that their anacharis grows like weeds, like, a couple of feet every week. D:

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
ive always had the fastest growth with anacharis when it was rooted... up to 6 inches a week in the aquarium. when floating, it was more like 1-2 inches a week.

it's all variable to how much light is available and what nutrients are in the water.

pcnicholson

3 more tanks to bankruptcy!
Apr 2, 2007
Mesquite, TX
Mines rooted in the substrate. Unbelievable as it may sound I get around 2-3 inches of growth a DAY. That's with co2 and ferts though.

localhost

AC Members
Apr 24, 2007
I planted some 8-10" anarchis in my tank 2 weeks ago. I use a pea gravel substrate with laterite mixed in. I use flourish once a week currently. No CO2 injection and a 96W 10,000kCF over a 45G tank. Mine has grown about 14" in this 2 week time period. This plant loves to grow. It definitely grows like a weed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store