How long can fish live without filter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by Mr.Jingles
you could just buy a new motor for a lot less than a new filter. make sure its for the same model.
Where would you get one.. Just curious.

NJDevilsFan, I must say I've seen Emperor filters and I think they are better than Penguins' BioWheels... I have not tried one, but in the near future I may get one for the 'nano reef' 7 gallon ..(hate to mention anything of saltwater here..) --Penguin's biowheel "crapped out" real quick. :mad: Gotta Mini AquaClear for now..

fishcowboy

AC Members
Mar 13, 2003
Watauga, TX
Visit site
I was just in Petsmart today and for some strange reason, they had all sorts of spare parts and motors in. Really unusual for them to have in as much as they did. They ususally have just a few impellers and such. But that's just for my local one.

BTW, I love my Penguin's. Well over a year on the 3 that I have, with no issues...yet.

Just my 2 cents.

Forum221

AC Members
Dec 19, 2002
Naperville, Il
Visit site
Yes, I agree with fishcowboy. I have had all penguins for about 6 month and have nad no problems with them. If you are really worried about the spinning of the wheel, you should get a Emperior.

somefinnfishy

AC Members
May 12, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
www.freewebs.com
A mini energizer fits

You can replace your motor with the motor from a AC mini you can get those for like 14-15 dollars at any big box pet store.
Or a midnight trip to wallmart may be in order here.
You could buy a cheap replacement now and order a real filter online.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store