How long will it take for momma to accept they are gone?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
My kribs bred and after 9 days I decided to take them out and give them their own tank.
However, the momma keeps looking everywhere for them and I was wondering how long it will take for her to accept they are gone?
Any help will be appreciated, thanks :)

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
Also, will these encourage them to spawn again quicker? Sorry for all the Qs

bangme33

AC Members
Aug 24, 2008
as i found with all kinds of chiclids once the babies have been removed she will look for them fora day or so, and then stop.
this is when she will start to flirt with the male again and eggs once more. ............how old where the young when u removed them btw???
it takes around 4 to 6 months for the young to start to show there collours and for u to be able to sell them on

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
As far as I know, they had been out free swimming for 9 days.
The momma has stopped looking now, how long do you think it will be before they spawn again?

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
Bump and my female is showing off to the male again. Is it possible that she will spawn again even though she did about 2-3 weeks ago? She doesn't look really fat either.
Also, when your female krib is showing off to the male, does he ignore her or even chase her away sometimes?
Thanks

x0x0x0

AC Members
Aug 22, 2006
Inland Empire, Cali
Woah this was posted a long while ago, but I'll chime in anyway in case someone needs the help in the future. Kribs and many other cichlids tend to care for their fry as long as possible. When I still had mine, they stayed with their parents for almost a month! and the parents were fine. Undoubtedly they bred often, usually after I took out the juvenile fish. There was never a point when they chased their own babies out, but I had to move them because they were getting crowded and big. Next time just leave them with the parents, because they do take care of them (as that is what cichlids are known for) until you start seeing the parents chase them off, that's when you know it's definitely time to take them out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store