How many fancy goldfish in 23.5g?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
ill have two in there for a few years giving me time to save up for an even bigger tank.
"Save your money and maybe do a pond if possible." I already have a pond that is stocked with single tailed goldfish :)

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
A few years?

facepalm.jpg

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
well probably not a few years. but even if i work hard for one year i could afford a bigger tank

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
to have a relaxed tank 30 gal per oranda is minimum,.. these are very large and very , well, poop machines,.. i have 3 orandas now and had a few before,.. and also shubunkins,.. and it a lot of work if you don't have a large enough tank to start

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Please take the advice given to you by Inka and Dixie. They have been in the hobby a long time and would never mislead you. We all are for keeping the most fish possible but only if their well-being is foremost. Do not do 2. Do not think you have time to get a larger tank as the too small tank will cause slow and retarded growth right from the beginning.

Goldfish, like some other fish, create monumental filtration needs due to the amount of waste generated. It isn't just the fecal matter but is also the urea and ammonia generated. Take your time and do it right and the fish will live many years. Get in a hurry and force things, you will be lucky to get 6 months to a year.

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
I have found a cheap tank with full equipment and it contains 23.5 US gallons. How many fancy goldfish could go in there? Im only planning of having blackmoors and orandas. I think perhaps its biig enough for one of each.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Different thread isn't gonna give you different answers. Even the smallest varieties of goldfish, namely celestials and bubble eyes will easily outgrow a tank that small. Like I did in the other thread, I implore you to reconsider your stocking choices until you can afford a tank that can appropriately house goldfish. Other than that, yes, moors and orandas can usually be kept together, but issues to look out for include ensuring that the moors get enough to eat, and that there are no sharp decorations that can damage their delicate eyes.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
No not really. You should estimate 15 gallons of water per fish for fancies and stock no less than 3 together.

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
Inka: yes i know i posted a thread like this a few days ago but this tank is at least 5g bigger and i thought it might be different.
yet again i will keep looking

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Threads merged. Same stocking question should remain in a single thread. Thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store