How many fish can live in my tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Leighlou

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
I apologize ahead of time for the size of the pictures.

Left to right: Munchie (doing his flip thing), Poe and Moe.

Poe with his tail kink and Moe trying to get into the picture.

Poe out, Moe in lol

Leighlou

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
I'm relocating Munchie, I actually called the petstores to see if any of the employees who had tanks would be willing to take him. He needs some special care that I can't give me, I lucked out that there was a girl at one of the stores who has a goldfish community with room for Munchie, told her about his little problem with the food and she said she knew how to take care of it. All around I'm happy, Poe has been nipping and bumping Munchie when he flips over or just getting too close. Munchie will be in a better tank and happy, that makes me happy. :)

Leighlou

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
One last question, I will probably move this question to the planted tanks area because I'm about to cave and get some live plants to put in the tank as well with my comets. I remember someone recommending Java Fern and Moss I think but I have no idea where to start or what it requires. I can have these plants with my tank with these fish correct?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I am still wary mixing moss with goldfish. I know Iris had a problem with her own goldies ripping off anubias and Java ferns but the experience usually varies. So far, my goldies spared the vals and crypts though.

Leighlou

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
Okay so Java ferns would be alright with them correct? I don't mind them nibbling on the plants a bit since that way they are getting something other then what I'm feeding them in the pellets.

Leighlou

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
Would Hornwort be alright to put with the Java ferns and my comets? I really don't know what other plants I can put with them. :1zhelp:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store