How often should I clean?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Infiniplex Syst

AC Members
Nov 28, 2005
well, I have something like that, that I bought at petsmart that was in a 3 pack, water conditioner, water clarifier, and bacteria starter.

indiginess

AC Members
Nov 26, 2005
i'm curious, what is the difference between water condition and water clairifier?

what are their intended uses?

the only one you will need is the one for dechlorinating water.

personally, i'd go pick up a master test kit. it comes with several different tests that will be useful in the future to diagnose problems. you will get more complete answers for your questions if you can provide some basic chemical information about your water.

the tests i'd recommend for sure are for:
ammonia
pH (sometimes both a high- and low- range are needed)
nitrAte (not nitrite)

my master kit did not come with a nitrate kit, but did include tests for KH, GH, and nitrIte in addition to both pH tests and an ammonia test. if i remember right, theyre about 20 bucks at most chain pet shops.

knowing the various aspects of your tap water's chemistry, even in layman's terms, will extend your interest and success immeasurably.

:cool:

Infiniplex Syst

AC Members
Nov 28, 2005
Well, I bought a 10 gallon setup, got it all going, now I dont need it to do the water changes. What do you guys suggest I put in it? Community fish? Shark? Catfish? Gourami? anything else?

cyberbeer65

Scratch Glass!
Jan 29, 2005
Metro Detroit
www.myspace.com
Camera Used
Galaxy S10 Plus
Infiniplex Syst said:
Well, I bought a 10 gallon setup, got it all going, now I dont need it to do the water changes. What do you guys suggest I put in it? Community fish? Shark? Catfish? Gourami? anything else?
I think you need to do alot more research on fishkeeping.You can search these boards,there is alot of useful onfo here.

indiginess

AC Members
Nov 26, 2005
start with investing some test kits, then a forum search or internet search on 'The Nitrogen Cycle.' 'fishless cycling' is popular and efficient if you have test kits. the test kits will help you as you go along with your other tank too.

read up for a few hours on the fish you want. go to the stores in your area and plan.

in a ten gallon you are somewhat limited. a smaller variety of pleco, a few (5) smaller tetras and a dwarf gourami make a nice ten gallon.

what kind of filteration do you have planned?

Mudfrog

AC Members
Jan 17, 2005
Roanoke, VA
I agree with cyberbeer65, it sounds like you need to do a bit more research on fish and potential sizes. Figure out what type of fish you want for the 10 gallon, then find a species that will remain relatively small.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store