How some fish are sold in Korea

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lazyNode

AC Members
Oct 26, 2006
Sydney, Australia
I saw this 2 years ago when I was in Seoul. The suburb where I saw this is known as the markets suburb, where the street markets and shopping centres are open 24 hours a day.

I believe the fish are Mountain Minnows, but notice how the bags are completely sealed. I wonder how many fish make it out of the bag and to a better home.
It looks packaged in a way to get a 5 year old kid to say "I want one" and then they forget about looking after it a week later.

They were also selling a similiar setup in a Pearl Tea cup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_tea)

Thank god the trend hasn't caught up with us here.

BTW, Can anyone translate what the packaging says?

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
jeez... about as bad as those "water babies".

sreid

AC Members
Feb 12, 2007
Shocking and very sad. Animals are often not considered to have any feelings. Breaks my heart

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Weird.

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
Looks similar to a bio-orb I have. It's a completly sealed mini cycling environment but that only had brine shrimp in it for about 7 years bofore the last one died off. I don't see how that could work for a fish.

Q

Maybe it's only supposed to be kept like that until you get it home. Perhaps it is a small cycling environment that's ment to last just so long.

Sep 23, 2008
South-Korea
Super late reply..

In case you still wondering what the package says:

If i see it correctly the package says:
"MiniFish"

It uses the korean chars but if you translate the chars one by one you directly get "minifish".

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
Different cultures have different values when it comes to keeping animals. I'd never go back to a store that had something like that around here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store