How to get kribs breeding?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Hello again.. Lol I'm a newbie. Umm just a quick question. I have male and female krib cichlids and I've had them for about 2 weeks.. I'm pretty sure all the conditions are right for breeding. Does anyone have any tips on how to get them breeding successfully? (yes, I have a good cave and plants etc :)) Thanks :)

AquatiCreations

Registered something or another...
Feb 25, 2008
Play some Barry White

seriously give them a little time they generally don't require any encouragement
I agree, lol
They breed like rabbits, just let nature take it's course.

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
Feed them thawed frozen bloodworms, live white or blackworms, &/or freeze dried blackworms
All these suggestions sound good to me. Maybe a slight raise of the temperature and change 20% of the water per week and they should be breeding in no time.

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
Live foods generally induce breeding but im gonna have to agree with others and just give them some time.

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Okay :) I have been feeding them frozen bloodworms For a couple of weeks so I guess I'll just wait :) I will let you know when I have some youngens :) lol thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store