How to raise PH?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Doesn't sound like there's much in there that will affect pH... assuming nothing in your filter media.

Khaleah

AC Members
Jan 4, 2018
Washington State
just ceramic media, filter/sponge in the HOB, internal filter and one sponge on the intake, and the little ammonia reducing sponge that the HOB came with.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
How old is the test kit?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I'm not a water chemistry expert, but I'd question that pH of 6.0 measurement. That is quite acidic for municipal water.

I'd follow all the above advice and post back what you see.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
1st thought - bad test kit (testing other water samples will eliminate this factor, test some bottled drinking water, distilled water, water with some baking soda added etc to see if you get different results)

Are you testing the aquarium water or straight from the tap? If the aquarium has been running for awhile it should be all gassed out but if straight from the tap trapped gases could be an issue.

Does this "cloudy" water clear from the bottom first and possible you can see bubbles popping at the top? My water has air injected into it to help my iron filter remove the dissolved iron so when the water comes out it is "cloudy" and it is "air" not CO2 or oxygen per se.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Something might stand out to us that you might not have thought to mention.

And I realize we haven't answered you're original question yet but once we figure out the actual problem (why the pH is so low) we can help with it appropriately.

Khaleah

AC Members
Jan 4, 2018
Washington State
I forgot to stop at the store after work for distilled water. but here is the PH test this morning after being left out for 12 hours. As well as a look at my tank set up. Tank has been set up for 2 months.Some how i messed up the cycle and am working on re starting the cycle and figuring out issues that I have found along the way (after fish death)

If you look at the tank set up you can see the live plant on the far right side (took the picture end of last week) in the last picture. My live plant since then has turned brown except the stems. I will have my kid send me a few more pictures to help 20180111_052406.jpg 20180106_115150.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store