how to stock a cichild tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ben

AC Members
Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
im setting up a tang tank 75g with many rock piles, and caves along the back wall made out of guttering, with lava rock stuck on to make it look like a cliff. im stocking with

10 x calvus (probably black or white)
8x cyprichromis leptosoma
6 x synodontis petricola
6x paracyp. nigripinnis
and a pair of julis or 6 younger ones.

how should i add these fish to my tank? should i cycle the tank 1st using something like danios, then add them all at once or should i build them up gradually or will this create aggression probs?
my other question is do i harden the water before i put the danios in or after i take them out after ive cycled the tank?
cheers

Ben

AC Members
Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
cheers, i like the fishless cycle idea, got my mum (a teacher) on the job of tracking down pure ammonia from the chemistry lab!

Glenstorm

AC Members
Dec 1, 2002
Orono, ME
Visit site
I figure I'll piggyback onto this post. . .

I am also starting a second tank and was trying to figure out this question. . . The way I am thinking about it though is to put my new filter on my current tank(yes it is healthy) for a week or two and then move it to the new tank. . . I am prettu sure this will work to establish bacteria in the filter then the new tank.

Am I overlooking anything?

Dan

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store