How to

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lawnman

AC Members
Mar 2, 2003
Windsor Mill, MD
Visit site
Hi, I was wondering how to change a neighbor's outdoor pond? It is a mess.:eek: If you can help me on what I need to clean up his pond I would be apprecieated.
I was trying to save him some money and show us both how to maintain a pond system. Need plants and fish.:confused:

rjl420

AC Members
May 13, 2002
Temecula, CA
photos.yahoo.com
what do you mean by change? water change? or is it used for something else currently? I assume you mean clean it out and get it ready to stock?

what's the current condition of the pond? does it have a filter/pump? what kind? are there any plants now? fish?

for the most part, you just need to clean it out, make sure the gunk on the bottom is minimal, trim dead or dying foliage and do a good size water change. of course there is more to cleaning out a pond but it will depend on your setup. describe the entire filtration process and give some more specs on your pond.

lawnman

AC Members
Mar 2, 2003
Windsor Mill, MD
Visit site
The pond is about 100g it has no plants no fish. The filter I guest is a filter/pump set-up. The guy that set it up for him doesn't do it any-more. It's in bad shape. When I clean it up I'll see what kind of pump it is and I'll e-mail you if that's ok?

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store