I banked this one, now its up to YOU

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
My dad, had 3 mollies in a 29 gallon tank setup.
He decided to put them in a 10 gallon...he said they've lived together for years and he thought they'd get along...LoL. I was hysterical. Anywho he knew I loved fish keeping so he asked me if i wanted his 29 gallon and stand hood lights..and filter.

It is in very good condition last time i seen it except its very very GREEN. It was OVERLOADED with algae growth. and he never cleaned it...so that's first.

Obviously, I am going to do this slowly ... I have to clean it so bad and then get the decor....

SOOOOO, to the point....

No clue what to do with this tank...29 gallons of freedom...lol.

SO im leaving it up to you...tell me what to do with the tank...ANYTHING but mollies, platys, guppies...those are not an option for this tank...we have cichlids and goldfish...the goldfish wouldnt fit anyways...and we have 2 frog tanks and then the mollie type deal tank...

I want all the jip...decor, fish filter recommendations..im partial to the marineland brand myself...

cant wait to hear what everyone thinks...!! everyone has such WONDERFUL tanks i think by making it yours...it will look amazing...

thanks!!

bushwhacker

old school newbie
Aug 2, 2008
westminster sc.
planted tetra tank

stratusfearrr

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
I second the planted tetra tank! Get some nice low light plants, a lil bit of driftwood, and some rummynose tetra's

bushwhacker

old school newbie
Aug 2, 2008
westminster sc.
works for me a pair of rams and a school of greenfire tetras. a bushynose pleco or 3 or 4 bronze corys to fill out the bottom

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
i love cories...I will have to see what the lighting is, But im sure its at least low lighting., but I mean maybe its better...i love driftwood..i think its perty..and our lfs has amazing pieces.
how big a school could i afford? [tank wise lol]

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
how big do those rummy nose tetras get? im not to fond of there looks...but they could grow on me. Ive just never seen them around here....my lfs loves us and orders anything we please...

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
I have a planted ten gallon neon tetra tank and it is doing very well and I like the look of the neons very much.

My point is a planted neon tetra tank looks very nice.

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
guess a planted tetra [various] tank it is...filter recs? air...stones? or jsust driftwood....
stock list.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store