I didn't rinse my Fluorite...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

glock115

AC Members
Mar 19, 2011
This tank has gone from bad to worse. The vortex filter I ordered arrived today and I couldn't get the **** thing primed, white powder got expelled all over the inside of the tank.
I finally had enough, emptied the whole tank and probably spent 2 hrs rinsing the Fluorite.
What a major pain in the ***, I'm exhausted, feel bad for the poor fish.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Next time, load a filter with filter floss and use some Seachem Clarity, its clears the water really fast.

psusaxman2000

AC Members
Mar 21, 2011
On the upside, it's clean now and it's one of those mistakes that you'll never make again. Can't wait to see the tank setup with something more than chocolate milk.

Kenny

bitbot

AC Members
Nov 10, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Unfortunately, I already have fish in there. That pic was taken probably 5 days ago and since then I have been siphoning the gravel but the water is still very murky. It seems like I can stick the siphon into the same spot over and over and and always pull up a dark plume.
I would suggest you avoid disturbing the 'gravel' - there is no need to do this at this stage, if ever, and you will keep clouding the water.

glock115

AC Members
Mar 19, 2011
Thanks for the support gentleman, I have another question. I basically did a 100% change yesterday, today I tested my water and my ammonia is a 2.0, how could that be?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store